A career with us
Are you looking for a fresh start for 2019?
Due to steady growth, we have a vacancy for an engineer to join our North Birmingham team.
NO AGENCIES, PLEASE.
Positive Weighing Solutions are looking for a Weighing Engineer to join their expanding team.
Positive Weighing Solutions are one of the country’s leading suppliers of weighing scales, systems and equipment. Positive Weighing Solutions offer a wide range of services including the sale of quality weighing equipment, reliable servicing and maintenance of scales and weighing equipment and calibration.
- Travel to customer sites and carry out calibration and servicing on varying makes / models of weighing equipment, from a small laboratory balance to a weigh bridge or loadcell installation on a tank farm.
- Carry out installation of new goods which may include programming of configurable indicators or setting up of relays etc.
Assist with in-house repairs
- Assist in a full-time service contract on a rotational basis (currently 1 week in 3)
- Take part in projects for clients which involve R&D work and prototypes being built.
- All applicants should ideally have experience working in the weighing industry
- All applicants should ideally have a sound knowledge of all aspects of Comms (RS232 / Ethernet / Modbus etc..) or have the ability to learn All applicants should be PC literate and be able to prove competency using word / excel and other basic programs
- PLC programming experience would be beneficial but is not essential
- All applicants should be able to work independently or as part of a team on larger jobs.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills alongside a technology/manufacturing-based subject and experience
- To use test equipment (multi-meter), read and understand technical manuals and schematics.
- To deal effectively with customers.
- To carry equipment and safely handle test weights up to 20kgs.
- All applicants should be highly motivated, willing, enthusiastic with a desire to achieve, self-motivated, focused and hard working.
- Head Office, Malvern WR14 (Main place of work),
- Customer sites within the UK
- Desirable - Electronics education or equivalent discipline.
Required licences or certifications
- Full UK Driving License
- Forklift License (training can be provided)